Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Reserve and shatterpoint shuffling

In the following situation what would happen? I have a card in reserve and a single card in deck (this is the important bit). The card in deck is revealed is the shatterpoint card. I choose to spend a force.  The rules do not cover this situation, so would this let me now activate the card in reserve? 

In the Steps in order section of the rule book (P21) there is no time frame for when you spend your force to put a card into reserve, or spend a force to redraw after shatterpoint is drawn. It must be after 2.A but before 3. When you spend your force to reserve or shattershuffle does it return to the top of step 2. If so and you have no cards left in deck after reserving or shattershuffling would you be able to resolve 2A to potentially play a card that has just been put into reserve or one that was there before you drew shatterpoint?

Many thanks

Matt 

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2023 at 5:57 PM, HazMatt said:

In the following situation what would happen? I have a card in reserve and a single card in deck (this is the important bit). The card in deck is revealed is the shatterpoint card. I choose to spend a force.  The rules do not cover this situation, so would this let me now activate the card in reserve?

Yes, you would need to play the card in reserve in this situation. The shatterpoint card would then be placed back into the Order Deck.