Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Premiere Showdown List Building

Can a Premiere Showdown list include squads that can't be combined into the same strike team (as long as each individual squad follows normal squad building restrictions)? For example, can a Premiere Showdown list contain one squad with Anakin Skywalker and one squad with Darth Vader as long as they are never used in the same strike team?

If I’m building a premier list, it states it follows normal rules for squad building. 
Which then if I look at Vaders card which says this can not be played in a strike team with anakin, if I’m looking at the rules for squad building and strike team building to me this would be you can’t bring anakin and Vader in a premier list together since following squad building rules

as well for primary ahsoka and Padawan ahsoka the thought is they could not be included in the same list since naming 

However I can see the line that raw you could I just don’t think it’s smart

In the strike team selection rules, for the four squads that are brought it says: "no player may include duplicate copies of Units that have the same Unique Name or Unit Name across any of their four squads." Does this mean within your four squads you can still bring both versions of Ahsoka (in different squads, never used together of course) since they are not duplicate copies of a Unit?

Could we have a clarification of the Premier rules? Specifically the quoted section below from page 3. of that document

> Additionally, no player may include duplicate copies of Units that have the same Unique Name or Unit Name across any of their four squads.

1. Does this rule prohibit Padawan Ahsoka (Secondary) and Ahsoka, Jedi No More (Primary) from being included in the list of four Squads?
2. Similarly, this rule does not seem to cover the odd edge case Vader has made. Can Vader, Jedi Hunter (Primary) be included in the same Premier list as General Anakin Skywalker (Primary).

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Can Anakin and Vader both be taken (in separate squads) in a 4-squad Premiere Showdown Event list? The Premiere Showdown doc says "no player may include duplicate copies of Units that have 
the same Unique Name or Unit Name across any of their 
four squads" but Vader and Anakin don't share a Unit Name or Unique Name.

If allowed, what happens if only those 2 squads are left for the last game in the event?

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2023 at 3:39 PM, Mote Of Matthew said:

1. Does this rule prohibit Padawan Ahsoka (Secondary) and Ahsoka, Jedi No More (Primary) from being included in the list of four Squads?

This has been clarified with the latest update to the Premiere Showdown rules. You cannot include both because then you would have two Squads with the same Unique Name.

On 6/27/2023 at 3:39 PM, Mote Of Matthew said:

2. Similarly, this rule does not seem to cover the odd edge case Vader has made. Can Vader, Jedi Hunter (Primary) be included in the same Premier list as General Anakin Skywalker (Primary).

This has been clarified with the latest update to the Premiere Showdown rules. You cannot include both as you must apply all special rules related to building a Strike Team across all 4 squads.

@IvanHood@Dyzard@Dynamc8@Mote Of Matthew@djfreshtoast

I believe the above covers all your questions, but let us know if now