Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Model Conversion

Is the Rivals Panel Spider-Man model tied to a specific character?

with the release of the new Core Box later this year, with an official Spectacular Spider-Man card could you field the Rivals Panel model as him?

Follow up question.

let’s say I don’t like the symbiote for Spectacular Spider-Man and swap it with the tactical explosion from the RP Spider-Man or ASM.

Is he still a legal model? Or because he has pieces from multiple boxes he isn’t anymore.

I don’t want to ruin my model. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/7/2023 at 7:08 PM, KoseyW said:

Is the Rivals Panel Spider-Man model tied to a specific character?

The Spider-Man miniature from the Rival Panels: Spider-Man vs. Doctor Octopus represents Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

On 8/7/2023 at 7:08 PM, KoseyW said:

with an official Spectacular Spider-Man card could you field the Rivals Panel model as him?

This would not be supported in official tournaments, no.

On 8/8/2023 at 12:16 AM, KoseyW said:

Follow up question.

let’s say I don’t like the symbiote for Spectacular Spider-Man and swap it with the tactical explosion from the RP Spider-Man or ASM.

Is he still a legal model? Or because he has pieces from multiple boxes he isn’t anymore

You can leave off the symbiote.

Swapping pieces between multiple official models does not inherently invalidate the model, no. You should attempt to retain the particular feel behind each model, but are otherwise free to make conversions.

These are the rules for miniatures in official events

MINIATURES
Each player must have the miniature for each character on their Roster. Players are allowed to customize their miniatures as they like but must follow these guidelines:
1. The miniature must be made from a majority of Atomic Mass Games miniature parts from the Marvel: Crisis Protocol miniatures line.
2. The miniature must be easily identifiable as the character it represents.
3. Players may not customize a miniature in such a way that any part of the miniature represents the intellectual property of any party except Marvel, including copyrighted logos, symbols, iconic elements, or other iconography.
4. The size or pose of a customized miniature cannot interfere with gameplay.
5. Miniatures must always be attached to an Atomic Mass Games base or a modeled base that is the appropriate size and shape of the original miniature.

• Thoras changed the title to Model Conversion
  • Negoldar locked this topic