Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Can you measure 2 distances with 1 tool?

If I am using a range 4 stick's short side to measure range 1, am I allowed to use lay that stick down and measure range 4 with the long side. 

For example, I am moving black bolt up to be within 1 of an objective, but I want to also know where range 4 is from that point. Is it legal to lay down the tool and do both? It's only one tool, but is being fully used in both ways. 

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, BProxy said:

Should I assume beams and just laying the stick on the table are still okay? 

Can you expand on the question?

3 hours ago, DanLeCull said:

could you please clarify how a tool must be used then?

Do you have a specific interaction that is unclear? The clarification above is that measuring two different distances at the same time with a single tool is equivalent to using two different tools, which is against the core rules stipulation that you can only use one of each tool type at a time.

so you are saying that if I use the range 1 side of the range 4 tool to place Black Bolt within 1 of an objective token, i then cannot use the same range 4 tool to measure his attack range?

do i have to physically dispose of the range 4 tool (used as a range 1) tool to then grab it a second time and use it as a range 4 tool?

what is the physical process involved here?

3 minutes ago, DanLeCull said:

so you are saying that if I use the range 1 side of the range 4 tool to place Black Bolt within 1 of an objective token, i then cannot use the same range 4 tool to measure his attack range?

do i have to physically dispose of the range 4 tool (used as a range 1) tool to then grab it a second time and use it as a range 4 tool?

what is the physical process involved here?

This sounds like two separate measurements that are not occurring at the exact same time. You measured Range 1 from the objective, placed the character in its spot, then measured range 4 from the character to somewhere else.

The original question was about measuring the Range 1 and the Range 4 at the exact same time.