Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Move/Range Tools and the 2 tool limit

So according to the rulebook on page 16 under the measurement heading it seems to imply to me that a movement tool must always be used to measure a potential movement from a models base. And therefore cannot be used on the table to measure a distance while not attached to a models base.

And the same thing applies to a Range tool, where it is said it is used with one end touching an object.

So my questions are:

1 - Can you place a movement tool on the battlefield when it is not touching the model that is to move/be moved?

2 - Can you measure with a movement tool from your opponents models?

3 - Is the intent of the “2 tool limit” that you can use a movement tool from a model, a range tool from its intended target, and have a reasonable estimate on if the model will make range? But not from there to pick up a tool and then try to plan out future actions or reactions that may or may not occur after said movement is completed?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2023 at 6:27 PM, Will L. said:

So according to the rulebook on page 16 under the measurement heading it seems to imply to me that a movement tool must always be used to measure a potential movement from a models base. And therefore cannot be used on the table to measure a distance while not attached to a models base

The tool does not specifically need to be "attached" to something you would measure from.

1 - Can you place a movement tool on the battlefield when it is not touching the model that is to move/be moved?

Yes

2 - Can you measure with a movement tool from your opponents models?

Yes

3 - Is the intent of the “2 tool limit” that you can use a movement tool from a model, a range tool from its intended target, and have a reasonable estimate on if the model will make range?

This is one way to use the premeasuring rules.

• Thoras locked this topic