Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

After having just reread the rules again, the only reference I've found to the physical positioning of models with respect to their form and the space around them is this from page 25:

"If a character’s miniature can’t physically fit 
underneath, balance on top of, or fit inside 
a terrain feature, the character cannot end 
a movement there."

While I know that players are free to agree to any rules they want, is there standardized guidance on converting models? For example, is it permissible to mount Grievous on his base without the statue remains and with his cape and lightsabers 'pulled in' to get him to fit in places more easily?

Thanks!

Edited by Sleboda

• Sleboda changed the title to Converting Models

Model conversion rules are found in the organized play documents.

The current version of those rules is as follows.

Miniatures
Each player must have the miniature for each character in their strike team. Players are allowed to customize their miniatures as they like but must follow these guidelines:
1. The miniature must be made from a majority of Atomic Mass Games miniature parts from the Shatterpoint miniatures line.
2. The miniature must be easily identifiable as the character it represents.
3. Players may not customize a miniature in such a way that any part of the miniature represents the intellectual property of any party except Lucasfilm, including copyrighted logos, symbols, iconic elements, or other iconography.
4. The size or pose of a customized miniature cannot interfere with game play.
5. Miniatures must always be attached to an Atomic Mass Games base or a modeled base that is the appropriate size and shape of the original miniature.

Point 4 is most likely to be the point you are looking for.

Whether any particular conversion falls afoul of point number 4 is up to the event organizers hosting the event.

On 11/7/2023 at 6:23 AM, Thoras said:

Model conversion rules are found in the organized play documents.

The current version of those rules is as follows.

Miniatures
Each player must have the miniature for each character in their strike team. Players are allowed to customize their miniatures as they like but must follow these guidelines:
1. The miniature must be made from a majority of Atomic Mass Games miniature parts from the Shatterpoint miniatures line.
2. The miniature must be easily identifiable as the character it represents.
3. Players may not customize a miniature in such a way that any part of the miniature represents the intellectual property of any party except Lucasfilm, including copyrighted logos, symbols, iconic elements, or other iconography.
4. The size or pose of a customized miniature cannot interfere with game play.
5. Miniatures must always be attached to an Atomic Mass Games base or a modeled base that is the appropriate size and shape of the original miniature.

Point 4 is most likely to be the point you are looking for.

Whether any particular conversion falls afoul of point number 4 is up to the event organizers hosting the event.

My mistake. I should have been more specific. I'm not asking for events. I'm asking for guidance in 'basement games' so to speak. That's kind of what I was getting at work my acknowledgement that players can agree to do whatever they want.

Is it fair to say that the info you provided above, in particular point 4* represents how AMG views modeling for advantage even in non-event games?

*Interestingly, even that point could be argued by a cantankerous player to not prevent conversions that reduce the physical presence of the model since that does the opposite of interfering - it opens up play options.

Much appreciated!

On 11/7/2023 at 3:19 PM, Sleboda said:

Is it fair to say that the info you provided above, in particular point 4 represents how AMG views modeling for advantage even in non-event games?

These rules are written for the organized play document they are found within but some players may wish to utilize them outside of those events. 

Outside of an event it is up to the players involved in the game to decide if these rules will apply to their game and if so to what degree they will apply. 

• 3 weeks later...