Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Eyes on the Prize timing and other Tactics Cards

Eyes on the Prize has the unusual timing restriction, "At the start of any Allied Character's activation".

Some parts of this are obvious, one clearly has to do this before taking any actions, but others are less clear.  Can I play other Tactics Cards in this timing window, and can I play them before Eyes on the Prize.

For a concrete example, I am playing Hydra, I have Red Skull, Master of Hydra as my leader.  I also have Baron Helmut Zemo in my squad.  It is Hulk's activation and I want to switch leadership with Versatile Strategy before playing Eyes on the Prize in order that Hulk will get a power back from Baron Helmut Zemo's leadership, is this possible?

6 hours ago, Jeh123 said:

Eyes on the Prize has the unusual timing restriction, "At the start of any Allied Character's activation".

Some parts of this are obvious, one clearly has to do this before taking any actions, but others are less clear.

Can I play other Tactics Cards in this timing window, and can I play them before Eyes on the Prize

You may use other special rules that share the timing of "start of an activation" and could order them in whichever order you wish. If they don't share that timing though, they have to be used before or after.

7 hours ago, Jeh123 said:

For a concrete example, I am playing Hydra, I have Red Skull, Master of Hydra as my leader.  I also have Baron Helmut Zemo in my squad.  It is Hulk's activation and I want to switch leadership with Versatile Strategy before playing Eyes on the Prize in order that Hulk will get a power back from Baron Helmut Zemo's leadership, is this possible?

It's not possible in the way you have ordered it, but it is possible to achieve what you want.

You can't chose to activate Hulk, then play Versatile Strategy and then Play Eyes on the Prize for the reasons stated above.

However, a players turn starts before any character has been chosen to activate and you have a window of time to play Team Tactics Cards before choosing the character you wish to activate.

This means that you could start your turn, play Versatile Strategy, then choose to activate Hulk and play Eyes on the Prize.