Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Man Without Fear and Rapid Fire attacks

Daredevil gets attacked by an attack with the Rapid Fire special rule. The Rapid Fire special rule triggers. It is my understanding that the second attack will be resolved before I have a chance to pay for Man Without Fear.

Then, after the second attack is resoved, if Daredevil is not dazed or KOed, am I allowed to use Man Without Fear twice, since I was targetted by an attack two time?

If I am allowed to use Man Without Fear twice, can I use it once, and then pay for the second one with the power I have gained from the Strike attack of the first one?

Which situation is the correct one:

1. After both Rapid Fire attacks are resolved, Daredevil has two powers. Daredevil pays two powers to use Man Without Fear and deals two damage with the Strike attack, gaining two powers. Since he was targetted by two attacks, Daredevil can then spend the two powers he just gained to use Man Without Fear again.

2. After both Rapid Fire attacks are resolved, Daredevil has two powers. He could trigger Man Without Fear twice, but would need to pay for both immediately. Since Daredevil only has two powers, he can only use Man Without Fear once.

On 11/15/2023 at 11:39 PM, Ludo Chose said:

Then, after the second attack is resoved, if Daredevil is not dazed or KOed, am I allowed to use Man Without Fear twice, since I was targetted by an attack two time?

Yes, you may. 

On 11/15/2023 at 11:39 PM, Ludo Chose said:

If I am allowed to use Man Without Fear twice, can I use it once, and then pay for the second one with the power I have gained from the Strike attack of the first one?

Yes. 

Each use of Man Without Fear is paid for and resolved fully before moving to the next step of the attack sequence.