Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Activating the Ultron Drones twice in the same turn with Sovereign Strike?

I am playing Winter Guard and it is my turn. I want to activate Ultron, Metal Tyrant. I have Ultron Drones on the table without an activated token, so I must activate the grunts first

I do my activation with the Ultron Drones. At the end of the activation, the Ultron Drones have at least one wound token on them and are within range 1 of a size 4 or less terrain feature. I put an activated token on the Ultron Drones.

After activating the Ultron Drones, but before activating Ultron, Metal Tyrant, I play Sovereign Strike to destroy the terrain next to my Ultron Drones. The Drones suffer two damages and are KOed, then, the terrain feature is destroyed and "I Will Create a Better Age" triggers, allowing me to put the Ultron Drones back in play.

These Drones are a different character from the Drones that just got destroyed. As such, these new Drones do no have wound token or an activated token.

Next, I would need to resume my turn and activate Ultron, Metal Tyrant. However, I now have grunts without an activated token. What do I do?

Do I activate these new Ultron Drones before activating Ultron, Metal Tyrant, giving me essentially two Ultron Drones activations in the same turn?

On 11/21/2023 at 5:48 PM, Ludo Chose said:

After activating the Ultron Drones, but before activating Ultron, Metal Tyrant, I play Sovereign Strike to destroy the terrain next to my Ultron Drones.

There is no time period between the activations where an Active Team Tactic Card may be played. As soon as the Grunts activation is over, the Parents Activation starts.

Then what if the same scenario happens, but slightly earlier, before I finish the Grunts activation? Would I be able to play Sovereign Strike during the Grunts' activation, KO the Grunts before their own activation is over, destroy the terrain piece, place new Grunts on the table and activate the new Grunts right away before activating Ultron, Metal Tyrant?

Would the Ultron Drones' activation end as soon as they are KOed, thus starting Ultron, Metal Tyrant's activation right away, before the terrain is destroyed by Sovereign Strike's effect and thus before the new Drones are placed?

The new Grunts will not be able to activate prior to Ultron’s activation. The timing for Grunt activations is in response to declaring the activation of a parent character. That has already happened so they will not be able to activate again in this turn.