Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Are Innate superpowers optional or are you required to use them when the triggering event occurs and it doesn't say "may" in the superpower. The core rules say "Innate superpowers do not have to be activated and never cost Power". Does that mean you can choose not to activated since they do not HAVE to be activated?

Additionally, in the core rules example, it says "I Can Take It" is an Innate superpower, so it doesn't require Power and can be used whenever its trigger conditions are met." Again, since it says it CAN be used, it leads me to believe there is an option to not use it if you want to?

So in that example, CAN Crossbones, Merciless Merc choose to suffer the full damage opposed to reducing the damage by 1?

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2023 at 11:44 AM, Shadow Marvel said:

Are Innate superpowers optional or are you required to use them when the triggering event occurs and it doesn't say "may" in the superpower.

If the text doesn't make it optional, you would be required to apply the effect.

The core rules say "Innate superpowers do not have to be activated and never cost Power". Does that mean you can choose not to activated since they do not HAVE to be activated?

No, this is just saying they don't work in the same way an active or reactive superpower does.

Additionally, in the core rules example, it says "I Can Take It" is an Innate superpower, so it doesn't require Power and can be used whenever its trigger conditions are met." Again, since it says it CAN be used, it leads me to believe there is an option to not use it if you want to?

So in that example, CAN Crossbones, Merciless Merc choose to suffer the full damage opposed to reducing the damage by 1?

No, he doesn't have an option to take the full damage. This example has a more conversational tone, the can should not be construed as providing an option to use the rule.