Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Hulkbuster's Meteor Punch and Power gain

The Meteor Punch attack states that "The target character does not gain Power for Damage dealt by this attack." Does this include the potential single point of collision damage the target might receive if they are thrown into something during the throw that the attack grants? Or is it only damage as the result of unblocked hits in the attack roll?

Also I assume the characters that receive potential Explosive damage or collision damage from the target being thrown into them are allowed Power since they are not "the target character" but while on the topic I figured I'd confirm that too.

45 minutes ago, bionic.beth said:

Does this include the potential single point of collision damage the target might receive if they are thrown into something during the throw that the attack grants?

No. 

is it only damage as the result of unblocked hits in the attack roll?

Yes. 

Meteor Punch only denies the Power gain for damage dealt during step 12 of the attack timing chart. 

Also I assume the characters that receive potential Explosive damage or collision damage from the target being thrown into them are allowed Power since they are not "the target character" but while on the topic I figured I'd confirm that too.

Your assumption is correct.