Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Hello,

I have a question about the "AI Coordination" command card. Since the core rules says "A unit cannot perform an attack action and a standby action in the same activation.", with the command card, can I get a standby token for a support or heavy support unit (because it comes from the command card and not from an action) and attack in the same activation? I mean i did not get the standby token from a standby action but from a command card.

Another question: Can I chain this command and therefore the standby token(s) if I for example use it to give order to an AAT and with the ability of Coordinate: Droid Trooper (OOM-Series Droid Pilot upgrade card) I issue an order to another droid trooper, that droid trooper also gains a standy token - and can attack in the same activation?

Hello,

"A unit cannot perform an attack action and a standby action in the same activation."

The AI Coordination command card grants a standby token (not a standby action). Furthermore, even if it were a standby action - as is the case with Director Krennic's Deploy the Garrison command card - as it is occurring outside of their activation, the unit would not be breaking that restriction, as they are not performing the attack or standby actions during the same activation.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:41 AM, Rhinen said:

can I get a standby token for a support or heavy support unit (because it comes from the command card and not from an action) and attack in the same activation?

Yes, the Support or Heavy unit may gain a standby token during the command phase and still attack at some point during their activation later in the round.

---------------------------------------

On 1/19/2024 at 3:41 AM, Rhinen said:

Another question: Can I chain this command and therefore the standby token(s) if I for example use it to give order to an AAT and with the ability of Coordinate: Droid Trooper (OOM-Series Droid Pilot upgrade card) I issue an order to another droid trooper, that droid trooper also gains a standy token - and can attack in the same activation?

No, only a unit that is issued an order using this card may gain a standby token - additional orders issued from other sources, including keywords such as Coordinate, will not also grant standby tokens.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic