Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

If a trooper has a standby token, and it is triggered can it use the move action to disembark?  Conversely can it use a triggered standby to embark into an open transport.  I’m assuming it could not use the standby to embark into a closed transport.  Is that correct?   If disembarking off of a triggered standby, I’m assuming the unit would get free actions as long as the vehicle had not moved twice during the turn.  Is that correct?  Thanks so much!

Hello,

On 2/23/2024 at 11:21 PM, Pinto397 said:

If a trooper has a standby token, and it is triggered can it use the move action to disembark?

Yes, a unit may perform a disembark move during a move action instead of making another movement; in this case using the free move action granted by a spent standby token to do so. Note that a unit transported by a vehicle with the Transport X: Closed keyword cannot spend tokens (such as standby tokens) and cannot have LOS drawn to it (with which to spend standby tokens!); this will only be doable by a unit transported by a vehicle with the Transport X: Open keyword.

Conversely can it use a triggered standby to embark into an open transport.  I’m assuming it could not use the standby to embark into a closed transport.  Is that correct?

You are correct. A unit may embark by performing a speed-1 move during a move action instead of making another movement. To embark upon a vehicle with the Transport X: Closed keyword, however, the unit must be able to sacrifice a further action. As this would not be the case when granted a single free move action from a standby token, it may not embark upon such a vehicle. It may embark upon a vehicle with the Transport X: Open keyword.

If disembarking off of a triggered standby, I’m assuming the unit would get free actions as long as the vehicle had not moved twice during the turn.  Is that correct?

"When a unit disembarks, if the vehicle that is transporting that unit has performed more than one non-pivot move during the current round, disembarking uses all of its available actions, and it cannot perform additional actions or any free actions." If the vehicle has perform one or fewer non-pivot moves during the current round, the unit may indeed perform free actions it is eligible to perform (presumably following the free move action).

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic