Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Gideon Hask (Xi) + Scorch question

Previously, I had seen Gideon Hask ruled to take place during the modify dice step, because you don't know if you've rolled two or less dice until after 2a has finished.

My understanding is this is now incorrect from the query about Hask and Malarus, in this topic

In that case, can I choose to first resolve Gideon Hask to add a 3rd die, and then use Scorch's ability later in the ability queue during 2a to add a 4th die, as both take place during 2a and are my own player abilities, or does Hask have to be the final ability used in 2a?

Hask's text "While you or a friendly small ship at range 0-2 performs a primary attack against a damaged defender, if the attacker rolled 2 or fewer attack dice, it may gain 1 strain token to roll 1 additional attack die."

Scorch's text "While you perform a primary attack, if you are not stressed, you may gain 1 stress token to roll 1 additional attack die."

Also, if Hask is the final ability used in 2a, does it still take place before rolling any dice, or does it take place right after rolling the original dice? I was under 2a ended as soon as the dice were rolled, and based on that Malarus/Hask ruling, that seems like it might be inaccurate, or the text on Gideon is.

No, Scorch's (TIE/fo) ability may only be used during the initial roll.  If this causes Scorch to roll 3 or more attack dice, Gideon Hask's (Xi-class Shuttle) ability may not be applied.  Both of these abilities occur during the Roll Attack Dice step (step 2a): first Scorch, then Hask.

• Dee Y locked this topic