Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Gunnery Team and Attacking Squadrons: Timing

If I have Gunnery Team equipped and want to make a series of anti-squadron attacks for my first attack in my activation, while still being able to resolve Gunnery Team to make my second shot with my battery armament out of that same arc, what is my timing window to resolve the Concentrate Fire command in order to trigger the Gunnery Team effect? 

1) Do I have to spend it on the last squadron I attack?

2) Can I spend it on any squadron attack that I choose?

---

Asked differently: Gunnery Team's effect applies to "the next *attack* you perform this activation..."

1) Does a follow-on squadron attack count as "the next attack", as seemingly specified in RRG pg 2 Attack, Step 6, first bullet ("Treat each repetition of steps 2 through 6 as a new attack for the purposes of resolving card effects"), requiring you to save the CF command for your last anti-squadron attack if you want to follow up with a battery armament Gunnery Team shot?

2) Or does "the next attack" mean "the next time you resolve steps 1-6 of the attack sequence", allowing you to spend the CF at any point during the anti-squadron attack and still gain the ability to meaningfully resolve the GT effect?

My RAW reading suggests 1. I think I'm in the minority on that, but I unfortunately can't adequately advocate for 2 on a RAW basis. I welcome somebody who disagrees to present the case for 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your patience as this question was reviewed.

To answer your question.
It is the first, you must resolve the Concentrate Fire Command on the 
last squadron you attack in order to then be able to resolve the effect of Gunnery Team.