Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Picking Map Edge Deployment

Ran into a new situation.

When picking Map edge deployment if my opponent picks say a left or ride edge in order to play side to side, do we have to play side to side (as my opponent argued) or can I request we rotate and play with the map normal forward to back since this the purpose of this rule I thought was to allow you to play terrain from different location?

Was first time I've ran into this sort of situation, where someone specifically wanted to play side to side, and not rotate the map.  By looking at the crisis cards, I interpret them them as the players sitting across from each other, with deployment directly in front of them, so if someone picked a map edge... rotate the map.  then deploy and setup as normal.

Basically, is it a legal strategy to insist to play side to side in order to gain a strategy advantage and throw your opponent off?... as he did mention.

1 hour ago, lewtz said:

do we have to play side to side (as my opponent argued) or can I request we rotate and play with the map normal forward to back

The rules don’t dictate how players arrange themselves around the table, that’s something for you to come to an agreement with the other player on.

Nothing in the rules forces you to play side to side if you are physically able to rotate your playing surface.

6 minutes ago, Halfazedninja said:

How would that work as far as placing Crisis Tokens go? Would you place the tokens according to the map based on the player that has priority?

The objective tokens are placed after battlefield edges are chosen for deployment, so nothing would change regardless of which side you pick. The tokens are always placed relative to the deployment edges.

• Thoras locked this topic