Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Oscorp Weaponry and Master of Illusions/Scientific Hubris

If Mysterio uses Oscorp Weaponry (Green Goblin leadership) to reroll an opposing defense die will Mysterio gain a power from Master of Illusions if the reroll result is a blank? 

If Doctor Octopus uses Oscorp Weaponry to reroll an opposing defense die will Doctor Octopus gain a power from Scientific Hubris if the reroll result is a critical?

1BCF6B99-10AB-426E-9FF4-CE88CED74405.png

Thank you.

Hopefully my last Oscorp Weaponry question! 

If an enemy Doctor Octopus rolls a (single) critical during their defense roll and I use Oscorp Weaponry to reroll this die and it rerolls back into a critical result, will the enemy Doctor Octopus still gain a power from Scientific Hubris? 

3 hours ago, Doyoulike2party said:

Thank you.

Hopefully my last Oscorp Weaponry question! 

If an enemy Doctor Octopus rolls a (single) critical during their defense roll and I use Oscorp Weaponry to reroll this die and it rerolls back into a critical result, will the enemy Doctor Octopus still gain a power from Scientific Hubris? 

Yes, as his dice will be showing the appropriate result at the appropriate time

Hello!

I have to admit a significant amount of confusion after reading both of your responses and the below ruling as well.

If my model forces my opponent to reroll a die . . . who is actually rolling it (from a game mechanic standpoint)?  You seem to say in your first response that the attacking character is using OSCORP and 're-rolling' the defender's defense die.  Any defender ability would thus not trigger based on the outcome of that die.  

Your second response directly contradicts that . . . you're saying that the defender ability would trigger based on the outcome of that die.  

Can you please clarify further?

Additionally, if Venom is attacking and the ruling is that the defender is rolling the die, could he ever use OSCORP to force a re-roll, since his card states that the defender cannot modify defense dice?  Therefore, either Venom can't ever use OSCORP or the ruling must be that the attacker is rolling the newly-modified die, in which case the defender will never benefit from the roll of the die.  

Very confused . . . sorry if this has been clarified earlier, but I couldn't find anything. 

Thanks!

A-Aron

Can you please clarify further?

It will depend on the wording of the particular rules, unfortunately there is no straightforward generic answer to this.

Scientific Hubris style rules are checking the dice in the characters dice pool at the appropriate timing. The answer to the first question is a no because although he is the character causing the reroll, the dice being rerolled are not in a pool that belongs to him. The second question is a "yes" because at the appropriate time, his dice pool contains the required result(It doesn't matter how the dice got to be that way).

Additionally, if Venom is attacking and the ruling is that the defender is rolling the die, could he ever use OSCORP to force a re-roll, since his card states that the defender cannot modify defense dice?  Therefore, either Venom can't ever use OSCORP or the ruling must be that the attacker is rolling the newly-modified die, in which case the defender will never benefit from the roll of the die.

It is the attacker rerolling the die in the case of Oscorp Weaponry, but that doesn't prevent the defender from benefiting.