Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

How many pierce modifications ?

Hello,

In the last game i've played X.23 was slashing Juggernaut and roll with Claw Rush 3 wild (so i can use pierce rules) and 2 successes. So i'm right if changed on Juggernaut pool of defense 3 successes into blanks or like says my opponent no more than 1 dice modified ?

Thanks you very much an keep the good work 

21 minutes ago, Marvelboy74 said:

Hello,

In the last game i've played X.23 was slashing Juggernaut and roll with Claw Rush 3 wild (so i can use pierce rules) and 2 successes. So i'm right if changed on Juggernaut pool of defense 3 successes into blanks or like says my opponent no more than 1 dice modified ?

Thanks you very much an keep the good work 

The special rules on an attack only occur once per attack. This means you may only change a single die as a result of the Pierce special rule on X-23's Adamantium Claw Slash attack.

Note the difference in wording on a special rule like Pierce ("Change one of the defending characters critical, wild or shield results to a blank") when compared to a special rule like Sap ("Before Damage is dealt, the target character loses 1 power for each wild in the attack roll, and this character gains that amount of power").

Both special rules only occur one time, but Sap is instructing you to tally die results to determine its effect and Pierce is instructing you to change a single die.

Thanks it's quite clear but not in the rule book.

Quite clear exept one point: if i have 3 wild with X23 (or Wolverine) and my opponent as 1 crit 1 wild and 1 shield does only one die could be change into a blank or 1 change to blank with 1 different result in the defense roll ?

3 minutes ago, Marvelboy74 said:

Thanks it's quite clear but not in the rule book

You can find the rule behind my explanation under the Attack Special rules heading on Page 20 of the online rulebook available here - https://www.atomicmassgames.com/rules

Including it here

Attack Special Rules
Some attack special rules have icons before their name, such as (wild) Bleed. If a special rule has one or more icons with it, and the final attack roll contains at least that many dice showing those icons, the effect of the special rule is applied to the attack.

The rule says to apply the effect of the special rule and the effect of the special rule Pierce is "Change one of the defending characters critical, wild or shield results to a blank".

6 minutes ago, Marvelboy74 said:

if i have 3 wild with X23 (or Wolverine) and my opponent as 1 crit 1 wild and 1 shield does only one die could be change into a blank or 1 change to blank with 1 different result in the defense roll ?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the nuance your trying to ask about here, as it just seems to be a repeat of the original question.

If the defending character has 1 critical, 1 wild and 1 shield, you may change a single one of those three dice to a blank regardless of the number of wilds you have in the attack roll, as long as you have at least one wild.