Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

throwing characters from on top of terrain

this came up and it was something i had a brief moment of im not sure but just did a collision as normal but i wanted to check. The character being thrown is on top of a size three piece of terrain at a size two character with there base touching said piece of terrain. I had a moment where i was thinking that the character would just be thrown over the top of the character on the ground because its on a size three and they where size two but would it just be a collision as normal or is there some rule for this i may have missed that possibly explains this possibility.

2 minutes ago, firbison said:

this came up and it was something i had a brief moment of im not sure but just did a collision as normal but i wanted to check. The character being thrown is on top of a size three piece of terrain at a size two character with there base touching said piece of terrain. I had a moment where i was thinking that the character would just be thrown over the top of the character on the ground because its on a size three and they where size two but would it just be a collision as normal or is there some rule for this i may have missed that possibly explains this possibility.

The thrown character will collide with the character that is not on the terrain feature. If the final position would have the thrown character partially overlap either the character or the terrain feature, move the thrown character back along the movement tool to the last position it could occupy then resolve the effects of the collision. 

so then my follow up question for this is since the character that was throwing the character on top of the terrain was also size two would they even know they could throw the character at the character behind the terrain since it would have blocked line of sight 

11 hours ago, firbison said:

so then my follow up question for this is since the character that was throwing the character on top of the terrain was also size two would they even know they could throw the character at the character behind the terrain since it would have blocked line of sight 

Throws don’t have targets. The thrown character moves until it contacts something. 

So what would happen then if the model behind the terrain wasn't in base contact with the building since the model throw would have to stop and be entirely on the building with no overhand would the collision still happen but would stop at the very edge on the terrain 

1 hour ago, firbison said:

So what would happen then if the model behind the terrain wasn't in base contact with the building since the model throw would have to stop and be entirely on the building with no overhand would the collision still happen but would stop at the very edge on the terrain 

The moved character would end up at the last position it could fit in after determining it could not fit in a position where it would be contacting the character or terrain feature it collided with. This does mean it would remain on top of the terrain feature in the situation you have described.