Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

About Struggle 2&3 of Shifting Priorities

From the Core rules, the Mission Card says:

During the second and third Struggles, at the start of each of their Turns, players roll one Defense Die and consult the Mission Map to mark the corresponding Active Objective token with a Priority Objective token. A player that controls one or more Active objectives marked with a Priority Objective token moves the Struggle token one additional space toward their Momentum tokens at the end of their Turn. 
If a Priority Objective token is already marking an indicated Objective token, it does not move.

The text really troubles me and guys in my local community on how to resolve the game effects of the Priority Objective tokens.

One says that starting with Struggle 2, at the start of each Player's Turn, the Player rolls a defense die and marks the indicated Objective token with a Priority Objective token; then, at the end of the Turn, remove the Priority Objective token. This will be repeated throughout the Struggles.

And what I understood is that, starting with Struggle 2, at the start of each Player's first Turn, the Player rolls a defense die and marks the indicated Objective token with a Priority Objective token, facing up either its black side or white side to determine who assign the Priority Objective token. The Priority Objective tokens are not removed at the end of the Turns unless the Struggle is ended. Besides, there is no need to roll defense dice again for the rest Turns, since the two Priority Objective tokens given by the Core Set are both used up.

Am I right or is the guy in my local community right? Or neither of us is right?

On the mission card it states at the beginning of players turn but it doesn’t say anything about removing the priority token, is it supposed to be the token stays in play and you move yours accordingly meaning there could be more than one active priority token on the field at once?

if this is the case are you able to score the bonus vp in both spots or just on your priority token

or is it supposed to be when the priority token is scored you remove the priority token, really just looking for some clarity on how the priority token is supposed to be working 

• 2 weeks later...

As per the errata released on June 2nd, 2023, there can only be one Priority Objective token on the battlefield when playing the second and third stuggles of Shifting Priorities. This is due to the existing token being removed at the end of each turn.