Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Typical Differentiation of Terrain Features

Should all terrain parts that are connected together or touching be typically considered a single terrain feature, for example should a gantry and the two buildings the gantry is supported on be typically considered a single terrain feature?

This is always going to be a discussion between you and your opponent based on how you want to play the game.

Keep in mind the impact of features vs parts though. If those are separate features, you couldn’t push someone from the gantry to the building for instance.

22 hours ago, Thoras said:

Keep in mind the impact of features vs parts though. If those are separate features, you couldn’t push someone from the gantry to the building for instance.

Your help and expertise here is always appreciated.  Could you help me understand the distinction with regard to feature vs. part? 

Page 24, under Push or Pull, first point: 

"If an object would contact another object or terrain part at the same or higher  Elevation than the Pushed or Pulled object,  the movement ends immediately."

Doesn't that mean that a pushed model leaving the gantry and trying to enter the next part (like the little attached building) would stop?

What am I failing to understand? 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Your help and expertise here is always appreciated.  Could you help me understand the distinction with regard to feature vs. part? 

Page 24, under Push or Pull, first point: 

"If an object would contact another object or terrain part at the same or higher  Elevation than the Pushed or Pulled object,  the movement ends immediately."

Doesn't that mean that a pushed model leaving the gantry and trying to enter the next part (like the little attached building) would stop?

What am I failing to understand? 

Thanks!

It looks like you are using an old copy of the rulebook, the current version has changed part to feature in the bullet you quoted.

12 hours ago, Thoras said:

It looks like you are using an old copy of the rulebook, the current version has changed part to feature in the bullet you quoted.

Doh! 

Much appreciated. New version downloaded now.

Thanks!