Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

On 6/2/2023 at 10:32 AM, Nayzerra said:

When two miniatures are both on terrain of the same elevation and each has a hunker token, does the terrain they are on give them an extra defence die in a ranged attack?

Yes they would. The Hunker token will as well of course. 

• 2 weeks later...

The rulebook specifies a line must be drawn through a terrain part to provide cover. Standing on the ground of the battlefield doesn't provide cover. A line doesn't travel through the battlefield, does it? But standing on an elevated platform at the exact same level as the other character, with nothing between them, the line now does go through the terrain they are standing on? I think this is the hardest thing for people I've seen discussing it from my shared point of view to get. If I roll a ball along a metal floor, the ball isn't going through the floor. It's on top, touching, but not through. That would be the same case for a line drawn between two bases at the exact same height. 

On 6/14/2023 at 2:34 PM, Critskrieger said:

The rulebook specifies a line must be drawn through a terrain part to provide cover. Standing on the ground of the battlefield doesn't provide cover. A line doesn't travel through the battlefield, does it? But standing on an elevated platform at the exact same level as the other character, with nothing between them, the line now does go through the terrain they are standing on? I think this is the hardest thing for people I've seen discussing it from my shared point of view to get. If I roll a ball along a metal floor, the ball isn't going through the floor. It's on top, touching, but not through. That would be the same case for a line drawn between two bases at the exact same height. 

The line for cover should also be a horizontal check with no vertical component, the same as performing a measurement.

This means the line is effectively viewed from a top down perspective and from that view, “Through” can be considered to mean it touches or crosses or overlaps the terrain.