Jump to content
Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Multiple conditions and wounding.


Recommended Posts

Very niche scenario. 

But lets say that maul was on 1 hit point remaining with the pinned condition. 

Someone attacks maul, gets some successes and starts adding damage to the pool. 

While going down the combat tree the pinned condition is applied. This will cause 1 damage to maul automatically wounding him. 

Now what happens to the rest of the damage in the pool? Can it no longer be applied? 

Essentially, is the damage from duplicate conditions added to the pool? or is it dealt immediately? 

Minor follow up - is this damage still considered damage from an "enemy effect" for rules triggers or is it like strain where its not "enemy effect" damage because it is caused by a condition rather than a direct damage application. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2023 at 5:52 PM, HazMatt said:

Now what happens to the rest of the damage in the pool? Can it no longer be applied? 

That's right. Wounded characters cannot take more damage.

Damage from a duplicate condition will be applied immediately, skipping the Damage Pool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing thank you! So its actually very important if the duplicate condition damage counts as an enemy effect or if damage from conditions is neutral. 

Is it like strain where the damage is a neutral effect? 

Or because the condition is applied by a player is it player effect damage? 

(essentially for the situation above where maul gets wounded by the condition application outside of the damage pool would maul get to use "Revenge I must have Revenge?")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HazMatt said:

Amazing thank you! So its actually very important if the duplicate condition damage counts as an enemy effect or if damage from conditions is neutral. 

Is it like strain where the damage is a neutral effect? 

Or because the condition is applied by a player is it player effect damage? 

(essentially for the situation above where maul gets wounded by the condition application outside of the damage pool would maul get to use "Revenge I must have Revenge?")

The damage is from the attacking player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you and really sorry one last follow up question then hope thats ok! 

Is the damage from duplicate conditions typed the same as the type of attack that triggered it (for example melee or ranged). 

For example: 
If I make a melee attack triggering Coordinated fire which applies a duplicate condition that wounds Maul, is that considered being wounded by a melee attack? or not because it happens before the attack is actually happening/is applied by a unit not making the attack?

Similarly if I make a melee attack and during that attack I trigger a duplicate condition which causes maul to become wounded, will that count as being wounded by a melee attack allowing a revenge trigger? or with the double condition damage is that simply not an attack so would not cause any triggered rules that happen off being wounded by an attack?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2023 at 11:01 AM, HazMatt said:

Thank you and really sorry one last follow up question then hope thats ok! 

Is the damage from duplicate conditions typed the same as the type of attack that triggered it (for example melee or ranged). 

For example: 
If I make a melee attack triggering Coordinated fire which applies a duplicate condition that wounds Maul, is that considered being wounded by a melee attack? or not because it happens before the attack is actually happening/is applied by a unit not making the attack?

Similarly if I make a melee attack and during that attack I trigger a duplicate condition which causes maul to become wounded, will that count as being wounded by a melee attack allowing a revenge trigger? or with the double condition damage is that simply not an attack so would not cause any triggered rules that happen off being wounded by an attack?

With the latest rulebook update posted today, the damage from a condition being applied to a Unit that already has that condition, if the condition is added via the combat tree options, becomes a part of the normal damage pool now, so it would be considered to be from that attack, yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...