Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

If Darth Vader, Jedi Hunter makes an attack targeting Obi-Wan Kenobi, Out of Hiding, does the Darth Vader player have to choose whether to use Your Hatred Makes You Powerful before the Obi-Wan player chooses to use Mind Trick, because both abilities would trigger in step 3b and the attacker's abilities trigger first? Or does the timing of Your Hatred Makes You Powerful being "after choosing a target" mean that the choice occurs at the beginning of step 4 after all of step 3 is complete?

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning,

Mind Trick occurs "when an allied character within 3 is targeted....."

your hatred makes you powerful occurs "after choosing a target".

How does this play out? Should I choose to use mind trick before my opponent triggers your hatred makes you powerful, or must my opponent use your hatred makes you powerful (or not) before I mind trick? I suspect attacker does their thing first, but wasn't 100% sure....

In addition, as a second part, how does "your hatred makes you powerful" apply to a second attack if Obiwan "mind tricks" the first.

• 2 weeks later...

Darth Vader, Jedi Hunter attacks Obi-Wan Kenobi, Out of Hiding in Melee with a combat action.

Darth Vader's ability 'Your hatred makes you powerful' states "after choosing the target".

Obi-Wan's ability 'Mind Trick' states "When an allied character within range 3 is targeted by an attack"

Question: At which step(s) are each of the above characters abilities triggered and resolve? (Mind Trick at 3B and Hatred at 4A?)

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

@Samuel Sweeten@Horeath@Morgan Reid

Both abilities should be used in 3b.

This means the attacking player would choose whether or not to use Your Hatred Makes you Powerful first by suffering the damage.

The defending player would then choose whether or not to use Mind Trick.

If the attack is ended by Mind Trick, the bonus dice are then lost since they apply to that specific attack roll only.