Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Pinned, jump, and General Obi-Wan's Hello There!

Question: If General Obi-Wan Kenobi has a pinned token and uses the Hello There! ability, does Obi-Wan still add 3 dice to it's next attack roll during this activation?

Pinned – The next time a character in this Unit would advance (x), dash (h), climb (u), or jump (t), it does not move. Then, this Unit loses the Pinned (1) condition.

Hello There! - One character in this Unit may (jump) . If it does, that character adds 3 dice to its next attack roll during this activation.

Underlying question as I understand it: Does Pinned mean you did the advance, dash, climb, or jump but do not move. If so, Obi-Wan did jump and gains the attack dice.

2 hours ago, Miller said:

Underlying question as I understand it: Does Pinned mean you did the advance, dash, climb, or jump but do not move. If so, Obi-Wan did jump and gains the attack dice.

Pinned means you did not move so in this case the Jump did not happen. 

General Obi-Wan Kenobi will not gain the extra dice. 

On 9/8/2023 at 10:00 AM, Negoldar said:

Pinned means you did not move so in this case the Jump did not happen. 

General Obi-Wan Kenobi will not gain the extra dice. 

I'm trying to reconcile this with an answer I recently got about Shoves. The answer there was that neither character has to move (Push or Pull) with the Shove, but that if neither one moved, the Shove still happened and would trigger effects based on Shoves happening.

In the answer here, there was no move from the Jump, and thus the Jump didn't happen, meaning effects triggering off the Jump would not happen.

I'm confused. Would you please help me understand the difference?

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I'm confused. Would you please help me understand the difference?

It's not that Jump didn't happen because the move didn't happen, its that Pinned stops the Jump itself from occurring. I.E. It doesn't just stop the movement, it negates the entire Jump itself.