Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Ignore Line of Sight, Eye in the Sky, and Stealth Interaction

Hello,

This came up during a game where I was

- activating Iron Man for a Helios Laser (range 5) targeting against Howling Commandos who have Stealth but were within range 3 when the attack was declared.

- Opponent played Eye in the Sky to advance the Commandos out of range 3.

Does the Helios Laser get cancelled from Stealth or is like the Lifesaver ruling where once the initial attack had a legal target, the Eye in the Sky cancel effect only works if you get the model either out of Range or LOS and does matter if there is a stealth effect on the defending model? 

Additionally would that also mean that even though Helios usually ignores line of sight, if the defending model being advanced Eye in the Sky gets behind terrain to block LOS, the Helios Laser would be cancelled? 

Thanks in advance!

On 10/22/2023 at 7:37 PM, Jian said:

Does the Helios Laser get cancelled from Stealth

No. It does not. The targeting step has already passed.

It works like Life Saver does.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:37 PM, Jian said:

Additionally would that also mean that even though Helios usually ignores line of sight, if the defending model being advanced Eye in the Sky gets behind terrain to block LOS, the Helios Laser would be cancelled? 

Yes. That would stop the Helios Laser Bombardment attack.

Can I ask how it would work if iron man did not have los when declaring the Helios, and you use eye in the sky to just move behind the same bit of terrain? would the attack still be cancelled?

Edited by Tarn

13 hours ago, Tarn said:

Can I ask how it would work if iron man did not have los when declaring the Helios, and you use eye in the sky to just move behind the same bit of terrain? would the attack still be cancelled?

Yes, the attack would end in this scenario.