Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

On Page 37 of the Core Rule book it says, "When a character would end an advance (x), climb (u), dash (h) or jump (t) within Range (G) 1 and at the same elevation as an Ingress Point, they may choose to use it."

At the very beginning of the game I went first and the terrain was set up so that when I deployed one of my units on the game mat one of my characters ended up less than 1" from a ladder (Ingress Point) and I thought since I started out right next to the ladder (Ingress Point) I could immediately go up the Ingress Point since I was less than 1" away from it. My opponent said that I could NOT do that because on Page 37 of the Core Rules says that I did not "end an advance (x), climb (u), dash (h) or jump (t) within Range (G) 1". My opponent made me use a movement action before he would allow me to go up the Ingress Point. I feel like I had to waste one of my two actions just to go up the Ingress Point.

I need to know if he was right or was I allowed to go up the Ingress Point without having to use a Movement Action since I started out on my first turn already less than 1" from the ladder (Ingress Point).

Please let me know. Thank you!

1 hour ago, GatorCuban said:

I need to know if he was right or was I allowed to go up the Ingress Point without having to use a Movement Action since I started out on my first turn already less than 1" from the ladder (Ingress Point).

In the described example you did not end one of the requirement movements within Range 1 of the Ingress Point so you cannot use the Ingress Point. Your opponent was correct. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can I use "Take Cover" and "Push" myself within 1" of an Ingress Point and then go up the Ingress Point. I've been watching YouTube videos where people playing the game are doing this.  Please let me know if they are following the rules for Ingress Points correctly or not. I thought you told us the rules say to go up an Ingress Point you have to reach the Ingress Point with a Movement (Advance, Jump, Climb, Dash). 

Second question is if Some effects can cause an object to be Placed within a certain Range (G) and if the object (Character) gets placed within 1" of an Ingress Point then can that object (Character) move up the Ingress Point?

15 minutes ago, GatorCuban said:

Can I use "Take Cover" and "Push" myself within 1" of an Ingress Point and then go up the Ingress Point. I've been watching YouTube videos where people playing the game are doing this.  Please let me know if they are following the rules for Ingress Points correctly or not. I thought you told us the rules say to go up an Ingress Point you have to reach the Ingress Point with a Movement (Advance, Jump, Climb, Dash). 

Second question is if Some effects can cause an object to be Placed within a certain Range (G) and if the object (Character) gets placed within 1" of an Ingress Point then can that object (Character) move up the Ingress Point?

Although a Push, Pull or Place are movements, they are not a type of movement that allow you to use an ingress point. Only an advance, climb, dash or jump allow you to use an ingress point.