Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

ETA 2 firing arc and range question

Hello,

as depicted in any ETA2 pilot card, there are 2 principal weapon values, one for bullseye 3 dice and one for frontal arc 2 dice.

So in the situation ETA2 is at range 1 of an enemy but in range 2 when measuring from bullseye, that means, enemy is in bulleyes but range 2, but at the same time the enemy is at range 1 considereing fonrtal arc.

So is then this a situation for a 4 dice attack?

From my point of view it looks like 2 different weapons so if you you choose bullseye you only measure from that ar for this attack, so that implies to start with 3 attack dice as base but being range 2 for that wepon, it remains as a 3 dice attack.

Other colleagues say that both values are principal weapondry so it is a 4 dice attack. My answer was why not to put that as a text hability, I mean to have an extra dice as a ship card text hability when firing fro the bullseye instead of depict two wepon arcs in the ship. Sadly other ships havent two firing arcs which overlaps, so we cannot compare this kind of situation and we felt is better to ask this to comunity or even designers.

Your perspective is correct.

The Eta-2 Actis has two completely separate primary weapons employing discretely distinct firing arcs.  If you use the 3 dice bullseye attack, only the closest points within that specific bullseye firing arc are valid for the purposes of determining whether or not to apply the range bonus.

• Dee Y locked this topic