Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

On top of terrain as opposed to behind

I was was recently informed and read here that a character standing on a car (terrain feature) but meeting all the requirements for cover has cover.

But the rulebook specifically says characters that hide behind terrain features gain cover (not on top) page 25 rulebook. 

It was my impression the spirt of the rule was "standing on" is not the same as "standing behind" and behind took precedence.  

If I'm wrong and it seems so, we've been using cover rules wrong since MCP was released. 

I’ve seen this come up before, so it seems an opportune chance to have it stated straight out.

The first sentence of the Cover section in this screen shot is just a narrative/descriptive statement, not a rules statement, correct?

I know the previous answer basically says that, but having it stated straight out would be helpful.

4EB349C2-4885-4351-968C-91A4AD2AF93C.jpeg

On 7/3/2021 at 1:25 PM, Thoras said:

I’ve seen this come up before, so it seems an opportune chance to have it stated straight out.

The first sentence of the Cover section in this screen shot is just a narrative/descriptive statement, not a rules statement, correct?

I know the previous answer basically says that, but having it stated straight out would be helpful.

4EB349C2-4885-4351-968C-91A4AD2AF93C.jpeg

You are correct that the first sentence there is more descriptive than a statement of how the rule works.