Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Measuring range

11 hours ago, Negoldar said:

It should be center to center or same edge to same edge. 

11 hours ago, Carefree Llama said:

So is the placement above technically illegal placement since thor isnt in the center of the range edge?

11 hours ago, Negoldar said:

Correct. 

Is there a place in the rule book I'm missing that says it has to be center to center? The example on page 9 of the online rulebook has Spider-Man off centered but says he's within range to attack the Red Skull. This example is similar to the OP's example as both models are still touching the edges of the range tool. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 10.33.08 PM.png

Edited by SenjiMakoto

3 hours ago, AMG_Pagani said:

The distance a ranged tool measures is the length of the tool, not the total area of the tool.

This means that the tools length is used, not any point of the tool to any other point of the tool.

So a model is considered out of range in those two examples then because they are touching the edges and the tool doesn't over lap the base? Not trying to be difficult but we've been playing based on how the example in the rule book is shown. If that is not correct then we've been playing wrong since Day 1.

I think you may be making this more complicated than it is! 

You measure with the length of the measuring tool. In the rule book they are (as close as can be expected given human error) centered on the tool, and the tool is touching both bases, so they are in range.

It sounds like you have been playing it correctly the entire time!

3 hours ago, AMG_Pagani said:

I think you may be making this more complicated than it is! 

You measure with the length of the measuring tool. In the rule book they are (as close as can be expected given human error) centered on the tool, and the tool is touching both bases, so they are in range.

It sounds like you have been playing it correctly the entire time!

Ok. I’m probably just over thinking it. I think the idea that both figures had to be centered on the tool is what threw me off.