Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Thanos versus Iron man's damage reduction question.

I played Thanos recently and my friends and I are unsure how to use his "being of immeasurable power" ability. It is clearly worded differently than that of Iron Man's "Invincible Iron Man" ability which makes me think its purpose is supposed to be as well. One reduces damage while the other is "damage from enemy effects". We are stuck on what actual damage is created from "enemy effects" as there doesn't seem to be much info outside of being thrown. Video battle reports I've seen for the most part play it as all damage in general being applied to Thanos. Thanks in advance for the help.

Taking damage from attacks, collisions caused by enemy attacks and superpowers, etc. are enemy effects. Thanos reduces all of those by 1. 

If he were to take damage from his Injured side leadership ability, he would not be able to reduce it by 1 as that would not be an enemy effect. If an allied Black Dwarf threw a character into him that would not be an enemy effect and he would not be able to reduce the collision damage. He can’t reduce Bleed damage as special conditions are not enemy effects. 

Iron Man can reduce damage from these sources, to a minimum of 1 damage. Take a look at Thanos’s Injured leadership and the tactics card No Matter the Cost for examples of his ability to reduce damage from non-enemy effects (to a minimum of 1 damage).