Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Life Saver and power spent

Good day I am looking for clarification on Life Saver and power consumption from an enemy targeting the character to receive Life Saver. There have been multiple posts on this and each has been answered with different answers. So my questions are listed below.

1)Does an attacking character still spend the power if targeting a character that has been pulled out of range with Life Saver with a regular single target attack?

2)If the attacking character used a single target attack that allowed for movement (hit and run) and I understand they get to do the movement part of the action, does the power get spent for that action?

3)Does the attacking character still spend the power if targeting a single character with a beam or area attack that has been pulled out of range with Life Saver?

4)If an attacking character is targeting an allied Venom with a beam or area attack and Life Saver is used, does the attack still resolve allowing for So Many Snacks to be used if the allied Venom is still within 3? Would this also apply for a single target attack?

11 hours ago, JerBear_IRL said:

Does an attacking character still spend the power if targeting a character that has been pulled out of range with Life Saver with a regular single target attack?

Life Saver triggers at step 2d of the attack sequence. Power is spent in step 3. 

Life Saver will stop the attack before it gets to step 3 so power is not spent. 

If the attacking character used a single target attack that allowed for movement (hit and run) and I understand they get to do the movement part of the action, does the power get spent for that action?

Hit and Run is not an attack so Life Saver does not interfere with it. The attacker made their attack which was stopped by Life Saver then the attacker makes their movement. Life Saver will then allow the attacker to make another action. 

Does the attacking character still spend the power if targeting a single character with a beam or area attack that has been pulled out of range with Life Saver?

Yes. The power is spent before the attack targets the character saved by Life Saver in this scenario.

If an attacking character is targeting an allied Venom with a beam or area attack and Life Saver is used, does the attack still resolve allowing for So Many Snacks to be used if the allied Venom is still within 3? Would this also apply for a single target attack?

No. The attack never resolves (step 14) in this scenario so So Many Snacks cannot be used. This applies to single target attacks as well. 

There have been multiple posts on this and each has been answered with different answers.

Could you point me to conflicting answers? I will resolve those issues.