Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Step 14 of making an attack, need clarity.

Step 14 on making an attack states that you resovle effects that occur after the attack. 

Now my question is does that apply to effects like Rapid Fire? Do I get to make the rapid fire attack before my opponent can retaliate with a counter attack type super power?

1 hour ago, KS604 said:

Step 14 on making an attack states that you resovle effects that occur after the attack. 

Now my question is does that apply to effects like Rapid Fire? Do I get to make the rapid fire attack before my opponent can retaliate with a counter attack type super power?

Rapid Fire is included in that step. It resolves during step 14a of the timing chart. Defender effects that resolve after the attack is resolved are step 14b.

26 minutes ago, KS604 said:

So, I attack, rapid fire triggers, attack again, then my opponent gets to respond?

Makes rapid fire a lot stronger.

Yes. One minor addition. Your opponent will be able to respond to the Rapid Fire attack as well as the original attack after the Rapid Fire attack is made.  

7 hours ago, KS604 said:

So they would get a double response after the initial attack and rapid fire attack correct? 

I'm just trying to understand it better. 

Yes. One response per attack (the first during step 14b of the Rapid Fire and then during 14b of the original attack).

• Thoras locked this topic