Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

R2-D2[Republic; Astromech] vs Electro-chaff Cloud

Hello there! I've just played a game with my friend and met a problem.
I used the ability of R2-D2[Republic; Astromech], trying to remove a piece of Electro-chaff Cloud with a fuse marker on it. Then, my friend and I found it unclear to resolve the effect.

The ability of R2-D2[Republic; Astromech] says:
After you activate, you may spend 1 [Charge] and gain 1 deplete token to repair 1 damage card, recover 1 shield or remove 1 device at range 0-1.
The Electro-chaff Cloud is a device and an obstacle, according to the Rules Reference.
We reached an agreement that a piece of Electro-chaff Cloud is a valid target of R2-D2's ability to remove.

However, how a fuse marker would interact with it made us confused.

The Rules Reference says:
A device or obstacle is fused while it has at least one fuse marker. 
When a fused device would detonate, one fuse marker is removed from that device instead, and that device does not detonate. When a fused obstacle would be removed, one fuse marker is removed from that obstacle instead, and that obstacle is not removed.

From my friend's point of view -
The Electro-chaff Cloud is a device, and therefore can be removed by R2-D2. When it is going to be removed, since it is an obstacle, the fuse marker on it should be removed instead of it.

From my point of view -
R2-D2 is targeting a piece of Electro-chaff Cloud in range as a device but not an obstacle (which it is incapable to target) to remove, and therefore a fuse marker would not work while remove a device.

Which interpretation is correct?
When R2-D2[Republic; Astromech] is trying to remove a piece of Electro-chaff Cloud with a fuse marker on it, should the piece be removed or the fuse marker be removed?

• 6 months later...
  • Kris M locked this topic