Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Suppose one of my characters is targeted by an enemy attack, and it and my Doctor Voodoo play the Sacrifice Team Tactics Card, causing Doctor Voodoo to be the target of the attack.

Sacrifice says the new target cannot "add additional defense dice" to its roll. I have always understood this to refer to step 8 of the attack timing, where you add additional dice for criticals.

Brother Daniel says "While this character has the token, add 2 dice to all of its defense and dodge rolls." I have always understood this to refer to step 5 of the attack timing, where you build your defense die pool. Specifically, these are not "additional" dice because they're there from the start.

Does Sacrifice prevent Brother Daniel from adding 2 dice to Doctor Voodoo's pool?

If not, is the distinction between "adding dice" and "adding additional dice" unintentional/not meaningful? It's very consistent across cards.

If so, does it follow that other characters can use their superpowers to add dice to their dice pools in step 5? For example, can Captain America pay for Vibranium Shield to add 2 dice to his dice pool?

3 hours ago, FourOfPipes said:

Does Sacrifice prevent Brother Daniel from adding 2 dice to Doctor Voodoo's pool?

Yes, it does.

3 hours ago, FourOfPipes said:

If so, does it follow that other characters can use their superpowers to add dice to their dice pools in step 5? For example, can Captain America pay for Vibranium Shield to add 2 dice to his dice pool?

When Sacrifice is used, these superpowers may not be used.