Jump to content
Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Dazed and/or extractions


Recommended Posts

There seems to be some confusion lately while playing the new weapon x faction and the ability of logan being able to place himself with rand 1 of a character even after he would daze the character. I understand that reactively there is plenty of answers about dazed characters in other situations but there also seems to be a question related to this as well when logan would also daze a character and if its capable of picking up an extraction token before the place or similarly if a character would have a move action after the attack it could pick that token up before the move happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/9/2022 at 2:29 PM, AMG_Sarah said:

No, Blob cannot perform his Push if he is Dazed or KO'd by an attack. Dazed and KO'd characters do not have or resolve superpowers. Characters are Dazed or KO'd in Step 12a of attacks, and so any of their effects that would resolve "after the attack is resolved" (step 14) cannot occur.  

the bold print is the reason why i thought the character wouldn't be placed after a character is dazed just so im refrencing something 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, firbison said:

ability of logan being able to place himself with rand 1 of a character even after he would daze the character

Nothing in the rules for a dazed model would prevent Logan, The Wolverine from placing himself within range 1 of the dazed model as a result of X-Slash.

17 hours ago, firbison said:

if its capable of picking up an extraction token before the place

Logan, The Wolverine would not be able to interact with an objective token between dazing a character with X-Slash and Placing as a result of the special rules on X-Slash. Interacting with an objective token is an any time rule and these rules can not interrupt an action or other effect currently taking place (the X-Slash attack in progress, which isn't finished until the attack is entirely resolved) as per the "Any Time" abilities call out on page 15 of the core rulebook.

17 hours ago, firbison said:

similarly if a character would have a move action after the attack it could pick that token up before the move happens.

If the movement was the result of an "after this attack is resolved" or similar ability, no, they would not be able for the same reason as above.

17 hours ago, firbison said:

the bold print is the reason why i thought the character wouldn't be placed after a character is dazed just so im refrencing something

This is referencing effects of the character that is being dazed or KO'd, not characters that are inflicting the daze or KO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So then my follow up question rogue has an attack southern hospitality that would throw the character after damage is done, so how that interaction happens wouldn't you be able to throw the character if she  dazed that character 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, firbison said:

So then my follow up question rogue has an attack southern hospitality that would throw the character after damage is done, so how that interaction happens wouldn't you be able to throw the character if she  dazed that character 

No, you wouldn't, as the core rules for a dazed character have a few things preventing this from happening.

Dazed characters can't move or be moved for any reason and they also can't be affected by special rules.

The reason that Logan, The Wolverine himself can be placed is because he isn't dazed and the special rule placing him isn't affecting the dazed character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thoras said:

Dazed characters can't move or be moved for any reason and they also can't be affected by special rules.

so this line of text is why im getting the whole confusion for a character being able to place after an attack if they daze a character. this leads me to think that they cant place because the character cant be use to measure the distance to place within 1 and that the character cant to used as a point of interaction to resolve the special rule. 

I do appreciate any help for any extra detail that can be use as examples because this had me up last night because this "rule" explains why effect don't work for so many effects but not in this specific situation. 

 

thank you for the help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, firbison said:

place because the character cant be use to measure the distance to place within 1 and that the character cant to used as a point of interaction to resolve the special rule

This appears to be where the confusion is.

Measuring from or to a dazed character isn’t affecting the character, so it’s not prohibited.

For the second part, that’s a bit too ambiguous since it isn’t using specific game mechanic terminology. But in a general sense, nothing says a dazed character isn’t still on the battlefield and able to interact with the game state in various situations. There is a specific list of restrictions for dazed characters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thank you, that makes me more at ease and i do apologize for asking for over clerification on effects because that being a part of the effect of dazed seemed like it should have been obviouse in my eyes but turned out to be much simpler then expected.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...