Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Further Clarification on Dormammu Reactive Ability Feel The Power of Darkness Timing vs Rapid Fire

Good Day.

I would like to request further clarification on Dormammu's Reactive Ability Feel The Power of Darkness. I previously posted my query on this forum and was answered appropriately last February 16 2023 with regards to Rapid Fire timing. I presented the post to my opponent and was presented an answer from the same forum with regards to reactive timing. (link: 

Example: Winter Soldier attacks Dormammu with Assault Rifle.

So the question: When does Dormammu trigger Feel the Power the of Darkness? Based on the September 2021 answer, it can only be triggered after completing the 2 attacks (initial assault rifle and the succeeding rapid fire), unlike the February 2023 answer, it can be triggered for each attack. This part is very confusing.  

7 hours ago, Crazykitsune said:

When does Dormammu trigger Feel the Power the of Darkness?

It is used during Step 14b of the attack that is triggering it

7 hours ago, Crazykitsune said:

Based on the September 2021 answer, it can only be triggered after completing the 2 attacks (initial assault rifle and the succeeding rapid fire), unlike the February 2023 answer, it can be triggered for each attack

Both of those statements are actually true at the same time (other than the use of the word "completing")

When an attack is generated in step 14a of another attack, it occurs "inside" or "during" that first attack.

You pause the first attack at step 14a, begin the second attack and go through steps 1-14c for that attack, then you return to where you paused previously, 14a of the first attack and then continue resolving it. This means the second attack will be completely finished before the first attack is finished.

Your first opportunity to trigger Feel the Power of Darkness! is in step 14b of the second attack, because that occurs before step 14b of the first attack. You then have another opportunity to trigger it during step 14b of the first attack.