Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Hoping you can clarify on the rules for From The Ruins, Magneto's leadership ability, and what constitutes a turn? 

For example, a game I played today had Magneto and the brotherhood against X-men with Hulk. Hulk threw a truck, so size 4 terrain which Magneto then spread amongst his allies, even though it was my turn. My opponent used punisher to blow up a terrain, giving another 3 power to be spread out. Kingpin on my opponents side then through another terrain giving more power to his team and then Magneto used Magnetic Crush, destroying more terrain (2 x size 3, one size 2 and one size 1) dishing out more power. All of this happened in one round, but as the rule states they only gain 1 power per turn which is per character turn, the amount of power added up quickly. 

Can a character receive more than one power per round as this ability is per turn? Can the ability grant power from terrain destroyed in their opponents turn? If multiple terrain pieces are destroyed in one go, can you allocate power based on all terrain destroyed (like in Magnetic Crush) or do they need to pick one and then dish out power for that one piece of terrain? Also can power be allocated to dazed characters?

A turn is when a player can activate a character or pass. Players will alternate turns during a round until every character has an Activated and/or Dazed token. 

Characters can receive more than one power a round, but not more than one per turn. 

The leadership can grant power when the opponent destroys terrain features. 

The leadership does not limit the amount of power due to how many terrain features are destroyed in one go. It only limits how much a character can receive. 

Dazed characters cannot be affected by a special rule so they cannot receive power from this leadership.