Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Push/Pull over Terrain vs. Character

I just noticed what I think is an interesting distinction and wanted to check my understanding.

On page 28 of the Feb '24 rules there is this section:

"As a Pushed or Pulled object moves along the range tool, it stops if it contacts a terrain feature that is at the same or higher Elevation than the Pushed or Pulled object or if it would contact or overlap another character’s base. Ignore terrain parts the Pushed or Pulled object started the movement on top of when determining when a Pushed or Pulled object stops."

I had not previously noticed that the rule appears to allow a model to be Pushed/Pulled the full length 'over' terrain features at a lower elevation, but does not allow the same 'over' (overlapping) a character at a lower elevation.

I believe this means that Jango could not use Capture Wire to Pull the B2 along the highlighted path in the picture below. Is that correct?

20240313_170704.jpg

On 3/14/2024 at 9:56 AM, Sleboda said:

I had not previously noticed that the rule appears to allow a model to be Pushed/Pulled the full length 'over' terrain features at a lower elevation, but does not allow the same 'over' (overlapping) a character at a lower elevation.

A "Snip'et" on page 26 actually clarifies that characters at different elevations are never considered to be overlapping

So does this mean that the b2s in this picture would get pulled over the grand inquisitor and land in the other side of him assuming the b2s will fit?  If they don’t fit the b2s would stop on the edge of the platform correct?  Thanks 

On 4/15/2024 at 2:04 PM, Pinto397 said:

So does this mean that the b2s in this picture would get pulled over the grand inquisitor and land in the other side of him assuming the b2s will fit?  If they don’t fit the b2s would stop on the edge of the platform correct?  Thanks 

Based on the picture, yes, this is correct for this scenario (assuming the measurements work out correctly).

FWIW to aid any viewers, yes, the intent was to illustrate an example where there was space to put the B2s after the Pull.

Thanks again to the mods for their great work on this forum.