Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Treacherous timing

Treacherous resolves during the Neutralize Results step.

"• While: This term is often used in combination with multi-stepped game effects such as an attack, an action, or a maneuver. Although less specific than the other timings, this term is used to narrow down when the ability is resolved during the round. Additional verbiage is required to identify when exactly the effect is applied.
◊ For example, in the context of an attack, if the ability rolls additional attack dice, the ability triggers during the Roll Attack Dice step. If the ability modifies defense dice, the ability triggers during the Modify Defense Dice step."

Cancelling Hit or Critical results typically occurs during the Neutralize Results step, so this is also the proper timing for Treacherous.

Just to clarify something about this.

What does "During the Neutralize results step" mean exactly in the context of player abilities vs game effects?

Is Treacherous resolved before or after I cancel hit/crit results with evade results (or can I choose when I resolve it)? This is kinda relevant regarding Reinforce effects (say on a Firespray) that's conditional on how many hits remain, do I get to add the Reinforce evade before using Treacherous?

• Guest locked this topic

Reinforce has to wait until all results have been cancelled to see if the attack would hit and if there is more than one hit or critical result remaining before adding one evade result. Treacherous is resolved before this.