Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 7:41 AM, Thoras said:

And if mysterio becomes dazed, does the first half of the card persist while the last half of the card can no longer happen(since it specifies mysterio is doing the thing in the last half)?

The whole card remains active. Tying the changing of the dice to Mysterio is to indicate which timing step applies to the modification. 

Compare to Elemental Infusion for a card that is disabled when a character is Dazed. 

I'm not sure I fully understand what that means. I'm going to only focus on the attack portion for now, since its easier to discuss.

I assume that is saying its being tied to Step 9.b.ii of Appendix A, but page 18 defines "The defender" as the character being attacked. So wouldn't that mean there is no timing step for a character other than the one being attacked to modify an attackers dice?

I understand the intent, but I'm not sure how to resolve it in technical terms.

Your assumption is correct.

When the enemy is attacking, The Grand Illusion will change their Critical results to Failure results during 9.b.ii.

This is the same timing step used by Amazing Spider-Man’s Witty Banter.

Attacker and Defender phrasing can also apply to the player, their character, and their effects generally.