Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

If someone plays No Matter the Cost and then the opponent uses Gwen's Lifesaver (or various abilities like it), does the player who played No Matter the Cost still suffer the damage and is the card spent? I believe the active players plays No Matter the Costs and suffers the damage prior to the Lifesaver. Then the attack ends. I assume if that is the case, then they cannot use that cost on another attack?

Example:

X-23 uses No Matter the Cost to take 2 wounds to attack a character with Claw Rush. Gwen uses Lifesaver and pulls them out of range. Attack ends. Can X-23 then use Claw Rush on another valid target with their next action?

On 2/14/2022 at 9:41 AM, Shadow Marvel said:

If someone plays No Matter the Cost and then the opponent uses Gwen's Lifesaver (or various abilities like it), does the player who played No Matter the Cost still suffer the damage and is the card spent?

Yes. The damage is still taken and the card is still spent. 

On 2/14/2022 at 9:41 AM, Shadow Marvel said:

I assume if that is the case, then they cannot use that cost on another attack?

Correct. It cannot be used on another action. 

In your example, at the end of the attack when Life Saver is used, X-23 has take two damage and the card’s effect is used up so it will not be available for another attack. 

• Thoras locked this topic