Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Since Hydra's "Two More Shall Rise" card specifies picking two characters with leaderships, is the card able to be played if there is only one other leader on the board?

For example, if Red Skull, Master of Hydra is my active leader and is KOd, can I play the card if Strucker is my only other leader on the board, or is it mandatory that someone like Sin or Malekith is there as well to make it two?

In the new spoiled hydra tactic card it is stated that when my leader get Ko'd i get to choose 2 other leaderships (which I assume are from characters in my squad) to activate. Can I use the card even if I only have in my squad only 1 other leadership and activate it? Or I am forced to have 2 to use it?

Two More Shall Rise reads

Choose two allied characters with Hydra or Cabal Leadership abilities.

Does this require you to have exactly two non-KO'd characters with Hydra or Cabal Leadership abilities?

I would've assumed it would read 'Choose UP TO two' if it meant otherwise.

Hello, I was hoping for some clarification on the wording of Two More Shall Rise. The card says:

"Choose 2 allied characters with Hydra or Cabal leadership abilities. Both chosen characters' leadership abilities become active."

My question is can you use this card if you only have one legal target (one character with a Hydra or Cabal leadership) on your team, or is this card only playable with two characters? 

The wording doesn't say "up to two" so I was unsure. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

A few questions regarding this card. 

1. To meet the requirements of the card do you need to have "two allied characters with either Hydra or Cabal leadership abilities" on the board or will the tactic card work if you only have one allied character with either Hydra or Cabal leadership abilities.  For example, I have Baron Strucker as my current leader. He gets KO'ed and only have Malekith on the board can Strucker play this card to activate Malekith's leadership now?
  2. When a Leadership is activated by this card does this mean your team affiliation now changes to whatever the new leadership becomes? If so, does this mean you now can only use the team tactic cards associated with that team?
  3. If the above is true can your team be dual affiliated (Hydra/Cabal) and allow you to use both Hydra and Cabal cards? 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Does the teams tactic card require there to be 2 other leaders in order for its effects to work. For example in my 10 I had Strucker as my leader and Maliketh as one of my units on the battle field, when strucker died could I play Two More Shall Rise to obtain Malikeths leadership? Or would I need something like Malekith AND sin (or any other hydra/cabal leader)?

When a Hydra character with an active leadership ability is KO'd, the card is played to allow 2 other characters to activate their leadership abilities.

Can this be used if there is only 1 other model available with a leadership ability?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 10/14/2022 at 7:04 AM, Aumakua said:
  • To meet the requirements of the card do you need to have "two allied characters with either Hydra or Cabal leadership abilities" on the board or will the tactic card work if you only have one allied character with either Hydra or Cabal leadership abilities.  For example, I have Baron Strucker as my current leader. He gets KO'ed and only have Malekith on the board can Strucker play this card to activate Malekith's leadership now?
  • When a Leadership is activated by this card does this mean your team affiliation now changes to whatever the new leadership becomes? If so, does this mean you now can only use the team tactic cards associated with that team?
  • If the above is true can your team be dual affiliated (Hydra/Cabal) and allow you to use both Hydra and Cabal cards?

Responding to this post as I believe it covers all the questions

1. You need to have two characters with leadership abilities.

2. No, the card will not change your team affiliation mid game.

3. Not applicable