Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Hello again, 

So what happens in this situation: 

Anakin runs up to Obi(secondary version) and goes to attack him. 
Obi uses mind trick to end the attack. 
Would Anakin now be able to use "Im going to end this" or does mind trick prevent this as there wasn't an attack made.

Thanks

Matt

Hi, This is a Multi-Part Question: 

Let's Assume Obi-Wan, Out of hiding, and an Allied Count Dooku are both engaged with an Enemy Anakin.

First Scenario:

1) During his activation Anakin makes a Combat action targeting Obi-Wan who in return uses Mind Trick:

A) Does this end the Combat Action itself? 

1) If so, does that mean the attack granted by Mind Trick is outside of Anakin's Combat Action?

2) If so, does the Mind Trick attack happen before or after Anakin would use I'm Going to End This?

2) Anakin then attacks Dooku with 2 fewer dice. After this attack Anakin chooses to use I'm Going to End This (IGTET). Does IGTET Target:

A) Obi-Wan since he was the original target of the combat action?

B) Dooku who was the target of the attack granted by Mind Trick? 

C) Both of them since they were both "Targeted" at one point during this combat action?

D) Neither of them are valid I'm Going to End This Targets since Mind Trick Stops the combat action.

E) Other (Please Explain)

Second Scenario:

1) Anakin attacks Obi-Wan, after the initial Combat Action and attack are resolved Anakin then chooses to use I'm going to End this. In Response Obi-Wan uses Mind Trick to stop the IGTET Ability.

A) Would Anakin then gain the attack granted by Mind Trick?

B) Would he be allowed to target Dooku with the IGTET attack even though he was not the original target of the Combat Action? 

C) Would it Negate all further attacks since Obi Cannot be attacked and Dooku was not the original Target?

D) Other (Please Explain)

I am happy to try and rephrase this question or try to assist if the wording is confusing at all

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am wondering how the timing and triggers work for the following interaction.

General Anakin Skywalker declares an attack against Obi-Wan Kenobi, Out of Hiding, and there are no other characters engaged with Anakin. Obi-Wan uses Mind Trick on Anakin's attack. When the attack action is ended by Mind Trick, will there be an opportunity to trigger "I'm going to end this" after the combat action?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

General Anakin Skylwalker targets Obi-Wan Kenobi, out of hiding with his attack action. 

Obi-Wan uses "Mind Trick" but doesn't have any other available target so the combat action ends. 

Can he use "I'm going to end this" on Obi-Wan Kenobi, out of hiding?

My interpretation is that he can since Obi-Wan is still the initial target of the combat action. Nothing on Obi-Wan's card says he is removed as a target or cancels the whole action. 

On 6/29/2023 at 10:22 AM, HazMatt said:

Anakin runs up to Obi(secondary version) and goes to attack him. 
Obi uses mind trick to end the attack. 
Would Anakin now be able to use "Im going to end this" or does mind trick prevent this as there wasn't an attack made.

First thing to note is that the attack was made. Just because it ended early doesn't mean it wasn't made.

Yes, he can use "I'm going to end this" still. The attack from the combat action ending early doesn't also end the combat action itself.

On 6/30/2023 at 3:49 PM, CahoonM said:

Let's Assume Obi-Wan, Out of hiding, and an Allied Count Dooku are both engaged with an Enemy Anakin.

First Scenario:

1) During his activation Anakin makes a Combat action targeting Obi-Wan who in return uses Mind Trick:

A) Does this end the Combat Action itself? 

1) If so, does that mean the attack granted by Mind Trick is outside of Anakin's Combat Action?

2) If so, does the Mind Trick attack happen before or after Anakin would use I'm Going to End This?

Expand  

A. No

A1 - The attack granted by Mind trick will occur during his combat action, but not as a part of it.

A2. It occurs before.

2) Anakin then attacks Dooku with 2 fewer dice. After this attack Anakin chooses to use I'm Going to End This (IGTET). Does IGTET Target:

A) Obi-Wan since he was the original target of the combat action?

B) Dooku who was the target of the attack granted by Mind Trick? 

C) Both of them since they were both "Targeted" at one point during this combat action?

D) Neither of them are valid I'm Going to End This Targets since Mind Trick Stops the combat action.

E) Other (Please Explain)

Expand  

A

1) Anakin attacks Obi-Wan, after the initial Combat Action and attack are resolved Anakin then chooses to use I'm going to End this. In Response Obi-Wan uses Mind Trick to stop the IGTET Ability.

A) Would Anakin then gain the attack granted by Mind Trick?

B) Would he be allowed to target Dooku with the IGTET attack even though he was not the original target of the Combat Action? 

C) Would it Negate all further attacks since Obi Cannot be attacked and Dooku was not the original Target?

D) Other (Please Explain)

Expand  

A. Yes. Mind trick works on attacks in general, not just attacks as a part of combat actions.

B. He could target Dooku because he is no longer making the attack granted by I'm going to End this, he is now making the entirely separate attack granted by Mind Trick

C. The only targeting restrictions on this current attack are those imposed by Mind Trick. The targeting restrictions from I'm going to end this are no longer applicable as that attack is no longer occurring.

On 7/9/2023 at 11:46 AM, SWCB said:

If obi-wan uses mind trick when anakin attacks, and anakin can attack another enemy, is the new attack a combat action? Can anakin use his reactive after this new attack?

It is not an attack as a part of a combat action, no.

He cannot use I'm going to end this as a part of the Mind Trick attack, but he can use it after the original combat action ends (which occurs after the mind trick attack)

The scenario looks something like this

1- (Combat Action Begins)
2- Anakin Attacks Obi Wan as a part of the combat action
3- "Mind Trick" (Attack ends)
4- Anakin makes new attack, if able (during the combat action, but not a part of it)
5- (Combat action ends)
6- Anakin uses "I"m Going to End This" - eligible target is Obi Wan

On 8/27/2023 at 10:57 AM, stranglebat said:

If mind trick cancels an attack from anakin can he pay the force and attack again using am I going to wnd this?

On 7/19/2023 at 10:56 AM, perpetuallyPlain said:

I am wondering how the timing and triggers work for the following interaction.

General Anakin Skywalker declares an attack against Obi-Wan Kenobi, Out of Hiding, and there are no other characters engaged with Anakin. Obi-Wan uses Mind Trick on Anakin's attack. When the attack action is ended by Mind Trick, will there be an opportunity to trigger "I'm going to end this" after the combat action?

Yes, see above.

On 8/6/2023 at 8:56 PM, winter said:

If a unit declares a combat action and then has their attack Mind Tricked, does the attack that is granted by Mind Trick considered an attack as part of an combat action?

On 9/2/2023 at 3:44 AM, Inside the DANGER room said:

If I use Mind Trick with Obi-Wan Kenobi, Out of Hiding, on an enemy during that enemy's turn and they make another attack targeting a different character, is that attack still considered to be part of the combat action?

No

On 9/4/2023 at 2:20 PM, SandwichToby said:

If General Anakin Skywalker declares an attack against Obi Wan Kenobi, out of hiding and Obi Wan uses "Mind Trick" and no other target is around, the attack ends. Can Anakin Skywalker then use "I'm going to end this" to attack Obi Wan Kenobi, out of hiding?

On 9/3/2023 at 3:00 PM, Butsch91 said:

General Anakin Skylwalker targets Obi-Wan Kenobi, out of hiding with his attack action. 

Obi-Wan uses "Mind Trick" but doesn't have any other available target so the combat action ends. 

Can he use "I'm going to end this" on Obi-Wan Kenobi, out of hiding?

Yes

• Thoras changed the title to Mind Trick
  • Negoldar locked this topic