Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Timing window to resolve effects which start with "if this attack hits/missed"

I still feel confused about the timing window to resolve effects which start with "if this attack hits/missed", especially when abilities tend to be added to the ability queue at the same time. (e.g. XX-23 and Fifth Brother [Imperial; TIE Advanced v1])

It is said in the Rule Reference that -

The attack hits if at least one Hit or Crit result remains uncanceled; otherwise, the attack misses.

The word "remains" used in the sentence make me cannot stop to think that the judge of hit or not is the conclusion of the whole Neutrualize Results step.

Although a lot will not agree with so.

So let me here just ask the question again:

When is the timing window to resolve effects which start with "if this attack hits/missed" if the timing is not specified in the text?

1) During the Neutralize Results step, immediately after the judge of hit;

2) After the Neutralize Results step, before the Deal Damage step;

3) During the Deal Damage step.

4. Neutralize Results: During this step, pairs of attack and defense dice neutralize each other. Dice are neutralized in the following order:
a. Pairs of evade and hit results are canceled.
b. Pairs of evade and critical hit results are canceled.
The attack hits if at least one hit or critical hit result remains uncanceled; otherwise, the attack misses.

The timing of determining whether or not the attack hits is specified in the text.  It's during Step 4 of Attack: Neutralize Results, after sub-steps a. and b.  Any abilities that trigger "if this attack hits/misses" are added to the queue, and resolve at this point.

Or to use your multiple choice, the timing window to resolve such effects is: "1) During the Neutralize Results step, immediately after the judge of hit".

• Kris M locked this topic