Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Usurp the Throne - Highest threat Question

So I had a situation where I was playing Wakanda and up against A-Force and She-Hulk was KO'd earlier in the round, but not yet removed from the board. The next highest threat for my opponent was Cap Marvel and Medusa, both 4 threats. Kilmonger, who activates later in the round, plays Usurp the Throne and takes out Cap Marvel, scoring enough pts with the bonus from the card to win the game (a very close game btw!). We ruled in the moment that this was allowed, because She-Hulk, clearly the highest threat at the start of the game, was now essentially KO'd earlier in the round. Can Kilmonger choose another character as his choice when he later in the round plays this card? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Since she was still on the battlefield, I assume you meant that She-Hulk was dazed (not KO'd).

If that is the case, then no, he cannot gain the benefit against a different character as She-Hulk was still on the battlefield. Nothing about Usurp the Throne provides conditions allowing you to affect a lower threat character.