Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Suffers a Collision As If the Terrain Were Thrown Into Them

For abilities like Trick or Treat or attacks like Whatever a Spider Can, the wording "The target character suffers a collision as if the terrain were thrown into them" or "The enemy character suffers a collision as if the terrain feature had collided with it" are slightly vague in terms of execution.  

Is there any operative difference in this and how an interaction with the target character would resolve had terrain actually been thrown into them?   For instance, would Spider Sense allow dodge rerolls? Would Brace For Impact be allowed to be played here? I'm a little unsure how like a normal collision it is and isn't. 

On 2/27/2022 at 12:40 AM, bleachorange said:

Is there any operative difference in this and how an interaction with the target character would resolve had terrain actually been thrown into them?

This is a little general to answer with a definitive statement, specific interactions are best. For the purposes of your questions, the key point is that the character is suffering a collision.

would Spider Sense allow dodge rerolls?

Yes

Would Brace For Impact be allowed to be played here?

Yes

Thanks for the reply!  This seemed the intent, but I wasn't really sure if it was different in some way. I understand the first question is a bit broad in scope and I got the meat of the answer. I understand the decision not to make a specific ruling in a non specific situation that seems like it could have edge cases that might not come to light at this time.