Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

End of Activation timing; Partners in Crime, Husband and Wife, Follow Me

I wanted to get some clarification on a previous ruling because the answer seemed a little vague. If I understood the question and answer correctly, the player would not be able to both use Partners in Crime and play Follow Me by Sin in the same activation because both the super power and the tactic card state "At the end of this character's activation.." And only one "end of the character's activation" effect can take place per activation. 

But based on that wording it would be legal for Sin to take both actions, then use Partners in Crime to allow the player to activate Crossbones on this same turn. Then at the end of Crossbone's activation, he could play Follow Me targeting Proxima Midnight. After Proxima Midnight takes both actions she could also then use the Wife of Corvus Glaive super power allowing the player to also activate Corvus Glaive. Each effect would take place during a unique "end of this character's activation" trigger. Would this be legal?

19 hours ago, Cripsaxman08 said:

I wanted to get some clarification on a previous ruling because the answer seemed a little vague. If I understood the question and answer correctly, the player would not be able to both use Partners in Crime and play Follow Me by Sin in the same activation because both the super power and the tactic card state "At the end of this character's activation.." And only one "end of the character's activation" effect can take place per activation. 

But based on that wording it would be legal for Sin to take both actions, then use Partners in Crime to allow the player to activate Crossbones on this same turn. Then at the end of Crossbone's activation, he could play Follow Me targeting Proxima Midnight. After Proxima Midnight takes both actions she could also then use the Wife of Corvus Glaive super power allowing the player to also activate Corvus Glaive. Each effect would take place during a unique "end of this character's activation" trigger. Would this be legal?

Yes. That would work. 

You understood it correctly. 

And only one "end of the character's activation" effect can take place per activation.

This part isn't quite accurate though. In general, multiple rules that share this timing can be used. Its specifically the rules that allow the activation of another character that you can't trigger multiple of in the same activation.

On 5/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, Cripsaxman08 said:

Thank you. Could you please specify where in the rules it states that you cannot trigger the activation of multiple other characters in the same activation? 

This ruling is the rules reference. 

• Thoras locked this topic