Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Attack timing and effects, Wicked Judgement, Cloak of shadows

per the core rule book, at step 13 of the attack sequence, the attack is resolved. step 14 then says resolve effects that occur after an attack. i.e malekith attacks star lord while within R3 of a ghost rider and pays for one skull to count as a crit, cloak of shadows says that skulls only counts as a crit for the remainder of the attack, is that all the way to step 14 or step 13 in the sequence, if it is step 13 according to my understanding malekith could not be effected by wicked judgement, but if its till step 14, he could, i guess what im looking for here is a more detailed answer on the wording of cloak of shadows since it says "for the remainder of the attack". 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JerBear_IRL said:

To further this question would ghost riders wicked judgement even work in this case because it is not crits that were rolled but skulls acting as crits for the purpose of successes.

Yes it would. The dice that are changed by Cloak of Shadows are not Failures. They are Criticals. 

3 hours ago, JerBear_IRL said:

Also a question just came up tonight about magiks dark child attack with malekiths cloak. If malekith is having the skull be treated as a crit does it void out magiks skulls for successes in the malekith defense roll?

Failures affected by Cloak of Shadows are not Failures. They are Critical results.

Magik’s Darkchylde attack does not benefit from Critical results. 

Odd side question to this.  Would you be able to Cloak of Shadows/Domino's ability if there was something saying dice can't be modified when attacking this character?  Or because it's outside the Modify Dice step it's allowed?

On 8/19/2022 at 10:01 AM, TechLee said:

Odd side question to this.  Would you be able to Cloak of Shadows/Domino's ability if there was something saying dice can't be modified when attacking this character?  Or because it's outside the Modify Dice step it's allowed?

Cloak of Shadows is not modification.