Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Eye in the sky and charge/hit and run/I am a god

This is referring to some interactions of 'eye in the sky', but all abilities that move the target of an attack when they are targeted, but then refund an action if they move out of range. 

1) If for his first action Sam Wilson (SW) pays to charge, makes the move then declares the attack on Hulkbuster (HB), but then Nick Fury (NF) uses eye in the sky to move HB out of range, does SW get an action back? Which means he gets the first move action, then now 2 actions leftover? 

2) If HB uses hit and run, then targets SW. NF uses eye in the sky to move SW out of range of HB, in doing so, refunds HB the action back. Does HB still get his 'hit and run' advance still? Then have his 2 actions leftover as one was refunded? Or, does HB lose his hit and run advance as he couldn't make the attack action (and would he get refunded for the power of hit and run)?

3) If Iron Man (I'm), uses Friday ai, and targets SW, but NF uses eye in the sky to move SW out of range. Does Friday Ai get wasted? Or does it still apply to the next attack action I'm does? 

4) Similarly with if Loki pays for 'I am a god', but his target gets eyes in the sky out of range, will his power get refunded? 

34 minutes ago, Sam117 said:

1) If for his first action Sam Wilson (SW) pays to charge, makes the move then declares the attack on Hulkbuster (HB), but then Nick Fury (NF) uses eye in the sky to move HB out of range, does SW get an action back? Which means he gets the first move action, then now 2 actions leftover? 

He gets another action in this situation. Once the Charge is resolved Sam Wilson will have two actions left. 

36 minutes ago, Sam117 said:

2) If HB uses hit and run, then targets SW. NF uses eye in the sky to move SW out of range of HB, in doing so, refunds HB the action back. Does HB still get his 'hit and run' advance still? Then have his 2 actions leftover as one was refunded? Or, does HB lose his hit and run advance as he couldn't make the attack action (and would he get refunded for the power of hit and run)?

Hulkbuster gains another action after Hit and Run resolves. The attack action happened. The move action still happens to finish resolving that superpower. 

38 minutes ago, Sam117 said:

3) If Iron Man (I'm), uses Friday ai, and targets SW, but NF uses eye in the sky to move SW out of range. Does Friday Ai get wasted? Or does it still apply to the next attack action I'm does?

Friday A.I. is used on the next attack action. That attack action happened so it is expended. 

39 minutes ago, Sam117 said:

4) Similarly with if Loki pays for 'I am a god', but his target gets eyes in the sky out of range, will his power get refunded? 

Eye in the Sky is used at step 2d of the attack timing chart. I am a GOD! is used at the start of step 6. Loki, God of Mischief never gets the opportunity to pay for the superpower. 

Thank you for the replies! 

Sorry one more realisation after your reply. 

If iron man plays helios laser bombardment, and uses the helios attack against someone, however they move out of range using eye in the sky, does that count as the helios attack having been used? So the action would get refunded, but iron man wouldn't be able to use helios to target another character? 

14 minutes ago, Sam117 said:

If iron man plays helios laser bombardment, and uses the helios attack against someone, however they move out of range using eye in the sky, does that count as the helios attack having been used? So the action would get refunded, but iron man wouldn't be able to use helios to target another character?

Yes. Helios Laser Bombardment was used and will not be usable again.

The action is not refunded—another action is given. 

Thank you. Sorry one more question.

If you do an attack that grants 1 power when used, for example SW shield throw, but the target get's moved out of range with Eye in the sky, does the attack action still happen? (Except no dice are rolled, and SW gets granted another action).

Will SW gain 1 power from the shield throw?

1 hour ago, Sam117 said:

Thank you. Sorry one more question.

If you do an attack that grants 1 power when used, for example SW shield throw, but the target get's moved out of range with Eye in the sky, does the attack action still happen? (Except no dice are rolled, and SW gets granted another action).

Will SW gain 1 power from the shield throw?

The attack action did still happen. 

No. The attack stops at step 2d in this scenario. It never makes it to step 14a when Sam Wilson would resolve that special rule. 

• Thoras locked this topic